Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 161

Thread: National Healthcare Now!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    icon rolleyes

    I wonder how much more there is to the story...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    O.K. Insurance agent for BC/BS, United HealthCare (John Deere), Aetna, and just about any other company gonna sound in on this one....

    The Emergency Room cannot turn you away under law, insurance or not, if they do call the police, it is illegal...

    Universal Health Care:

    Who will pay for it??? We will, through extreme taxes, doctor's don't work for free, and as of now 2 or 3 major hospitals in the tricities do not accept the new government funded Cover-TN...So no law says that Hospitals will even have to take this...Hillary has never answered where she plans to get the money for this...

    How will you get care??? You will wait in line according to seriousness of illness, see Canada...If you have something like a bad Gaul Bladder, you can live fine with (in extreme uncomfort), so you would have to wait for the surgions to have nothing more pressing to do, heart surgeries , ect...Average wait time in Canada for a Gaul Bladder removal is 6 months...Hope you have a good batch of pain killers laying around...

    What will happen to all the people like me??? We will all loose our jobs, even those of us who have done this for years, and years...How's that gonna help me out???


    I will certainly not vote for another Republican this time around, but all this makes me wonder if I will vote for a democrat
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    For the doubters: this stuff does happen, and it happens often.

    I'm having a similar situation happen in my family at the moment (family in WV).
    My uncle died of heart failure a couple of years ago - had been in congestive heart failure for some time. He was using the VA hospital for care - had no other coverage (couldn't get any because of his heart condition).
    He became extremely ill with a significant amount of fluid around his heart. The local hospital wouldn't treat him, and sent him to the VA hospital. The VA hospital turned him away because he didn't have an appointment.
    You guessed it - he died with more than a gallon of fluid around his heart and more in his lungs.

    His wife, my dad's sister, is also in congestive heart failure and has severely metastisized cancer.
    She's not old enough for medicare, not eligible for medicaid for stupid reasons, has been disabled and out of work for so long not eligible for SSI, and barely has enough money to heat the house on, let alone buy private insurance.
    She's not expected to make it to Christmas.

    they get by by providing the least care possible then passing the buck.

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Maybe it's a Virginia thing...I personally had my appendix taken out with no medical insurance, went to the ER, took me straight to surgery an hour later, one and a half years ago...

    30,000 deal, put me in a huge hole, but still I recieved immediate care, with no insurance, I wasn't turned away

    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  5. #15
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Happens all the time. I have gone periods of time without insurance and I can assure you that the attitude is different with insurance than without.

    You are suddenly MUCH less ill if you don't have insurance.

    The law should state that it's illegal to ask you until you are diagnosed.

    Anybody who actually believes that you get the same care with and without insurance is living in a fantasy world.

    Call the police......LMAO!

    They aren't going to say go home and die because you don't have insurance. Geeeezzzz
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">icon rolleyes

    I wonder how much more there is to the story... </div></div>

    Not sure what you mean by that....but no autopsy will be done because some doctor or coroner has already confirmed cause of death as fluid around the heart brought on by life long asthma.

    No mention of drugs involved...
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    If we pay for universal health care through taxes, than whats the difference of your employer taking your insurance out of your check anyways? I have very good insurance, but im paying at least 125 bucks a month for it through my employer. I seriously doubt universal health care would cost more than that to the average person. If it helps other people, doesn't cost me much more than that then im all for it. What we need to look at, there are insurance company's out there that screw people over on a daily basis just because they are trying to up their gross profit. This should be prevented, and everyone should have care. Other countries don't treat their insurance companies and drug companies as big business such as American does. It's all about greed. A lot of others countries do have free health care. American should look at that, steal their ideas, and make it better system suited for our country.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    My gripe with universal helath care is that, IMO, the quality of doctor care will decrease drastically.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it's a Virginia thing...I personally had my appendix taken out with no medical insurance, went to the ER, took me straight to surgery an hour later, one and a half years ago...

    30,000 deal, put me in a huge hole, but still I recieved immediate care, with no insurance, I wasn't turned away

    </div></div>

    Complete different situation. With a ruptured appendix they knew for certain things would take an immediate ugly turn. They would have no deniability. In this case they could figure that 99 times out of 100 she isn't going to die and if she does they have easy deniability. All they have to say is that "In their opinion....."


    Other than a business relationship I didn't even know this lady. I didn't even know her last name until she died.

    I do know that she was always nice to me. She was always completely honest with me about money and merchandise. I never encountered her displaying any outward signs of being under the influence of anything. I know absolutely nothing of her personal life.

    Hope that answers any questions anyone had.

    I have nothing more to say about it.

    RIP
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    You are right to a degree, Medical is a big business in the US. Unfortunately, most of the countries who have free health care have very poor service as far as time is considered. I would venture to say that universal tax care would be much higher than privatized because the working people are who is paying for it, and now it would allow those who are getting free health care to receive better coverage for nothing, or the quality of health care would end up dropping in order to cover it. You know doctors and such are not going to cut their costs.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •